[hibernate-dev] Scanner contract

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sun Mar 17 16:59:54 EDT 2013

Not saying the use of platform/environemtn specific url protocols is
bad in any way.  Just saying that I think it is unreasonable to code in
Hibernate handling for all these protocols.  JBoss VFS, for example, is
much better handled using JBoss VirtualFile API.  OSGi protocols will
require very special handling as well, though it *seems* like we may be
able to stick to standard OSGi APIs rather than vendor specific APIs
(but I dont know that for sure yet).