[hibernate-dev] New CI machine preview

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 28 11:38:57 EDT 2013

As far a hardware specs, today it's a c1.medium [1], we can change
that at any time to any machine described on the same page, but of
course it has an impact on costs.

But I'm missing how  hardware specs could be related, possibly I'm not
understanding how gradle works.
>From the build script it looks like testing memory is defined in the
script itself? So why would a differrent system risk to have a
different configuration? I would expect it to enforce the correct
variables.

I just tried to run the same build locally, using the same
environment, same options and exact same JVM build and it succeeds. !?
Jenkins is setup to use just 256MB of ram, there is absolutely nothing
else running on it except a small MongoDB instance.

Sanne

1 - http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/