[hibernate-dev] Relaxing the pull request review requirement

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed May 1 12:12:47 EDT 2013

We have been generally very strict in requiring any code change to be
reviewed by someone else;
I still believe this has many benefits, but also it brings
occasionally to painfully slow integrations for trivial fixed.

Since we have a bot now automatically verifying changes, I think this
rule should be relaxed a bit; still highly recommended to wait for
someone else to merge it, but I'd propose that if you're confident it
is simple enough, the review done by the bot should be considered good
enough.

I just self-merged :
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/pull/406

hope you all agree that waiting for feedback was unnecessary?

Of course this should be used very sparingly, also considering that
even if you think it's correct and simple enough someone might not
agree with the change, and rises the committer's responsibility to the
highest level.