[hibernate-dev] breaking compatibility issues found in 4.3.0.Beta3

Strong Liu stliu at hibernate.org
Fri May 3 08:23:05 EDT 2013

On May 3, 2013, at 8:13 PM, Steve Ebersole <steven.ebersole at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont understand what you mean with HHH-8220.  OK its a change, but how is that breaking any builds?

suppose there is a WAR project that uses hibernate, and it has a compile scope dependency of h-em

before this 4.3.0.Beta2, the HEM will brings all required dependencies in ( for example, h-core )

but after upgrade to 4.3.0.Beta2, the build WAR will only contains HEM and no H-Core since HEM now has a runtime scope dependency of h-core

then the WAR will fail when being deployed

> And for JDK 7 we have discussed that on this list already.  Gunnar will work on integrating some checks into the build to make sure we are not using JDK 7 features…

I'm aware of this , just pointed out that this 4.3.0.Beta2 will fail on JDK 6, and others who run into this issue will know the reason