[hibernate-dev] Manual vs Developer Guide

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu May 16 09:47:24 EDT 2013

There is no difference per-se.  The one called "Developer Guide" was
started as the replacement for the other.

I always had the idea to split up the documentation into a few docs:
1) Usage guide - The basics, mappings, configuration options, etc.
2) SPI/extension guide - Here is where we'd discuss the ServiceRegistry,
services, pluggable SPI contracts, extension points, etc.

Maybe these are parts of the same physical documentation...