[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH Faceting and facet counts

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri May 31 17:32:38 EDT 2013

I know we had a debate but I can't seem to find any detail in the
documentation about how facet selection influences the facet counts.

In my demo, the facet count is applied after the selection. ie if I do a
query that returns '< $100' = 20 and '> $100' = 45, once I select '<
$100', the count displayed on '> $100' = 0 which is very weird from a
use point of view.

That seems to be the expected behavior according to
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HSEARCH-713 but my first reaction
was that it was a bug.
Should we clarify that in the documentation? And implement the more
natural way?

Emmanuel