[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search: Transactions timeout on MassIndexer

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Nov 11 12:29:38 EST 2013

Hi Emmanuel,
in case you get very bored at Devoxx :)

I remember you implementing a quite complex fix for my initial
MassIndexer which involved avoiding the transactions we use from
timing out.
This is probably more than a year old, but there is a user on the
forums now using 4.4.0.Final and having a suspiciously similar
problem:

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1029562

I've looked into our code, but I'm not understanding how the class
org.hibernate.search.batchindexing.impl.OptionallyWrapInJTATransaction
is supposed to prevent the transaction from timing out?

Do you have any idea on the problem?
I recently had to apply some refactoring so I might have introduced a
regression but I need another pair of eyes.

Tia,