[hibernate-dev] Decoupling indexed types from their class definitions

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Oct 7 05:58:40 EDT 2013

On 7 October 2013 10:51, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:
> 2013/10/7 Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org>
>>
>> Hi  Gunnar,
>> yes we've been reviewing the Infinispan Query code and it seem that
>> what we have today if good enough for this release cycle.
>> We're keeping the issues open as the current approach can use some
>> polish, but time-wise we need to make space for more experimentation.
>

> Ok, that sounds good. How will queries restricted to one user type be
> realized with the current implementation?

The current implementation doesn't expose any Lucene API, it's all
nicely hidden by a super-easy high level filtering API.
The drawback is that far less features are available to the end user,
but the advantage is that the Lucene Query which is internally
generated is never exposed, so fully controlled by the Infinispan
parser.

This is the relevant line:

https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/6.0.0.CR1/remote-query/remote-query-server/src/main/java/org/infinispan/query/remote/QueryFacadeImpl.java#L156