[hibernate-dev] Search compatibility with WildFly

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sun Oct 13 07:07:05 EDT 2013

On 13 October 2013 09:52, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:

> 2013/10/13 Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org>
>>

>> On 13 Jan 2013, at 12:41 AM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm working to replace the integration tests using the now outdated
>> > EAP Alphas with WildFly 8.0.0.Beta1, which also has the benefit to
>> > remove the need for the enterprise repository.
>>
>> +100
>

> Nice.
>

>> > Java7 is needed as the Arquillian connectors for WildFly are compiled
>> > without Java6 compatibility, my guess is the whole WildFly needs it
>> > too.
>>
>> I think so as well
>>
>> > As a consequence, that would mean that Hibernate Search from 4.5.x
>> > would need to be compiled with Java7, ideally attempting to maintain
>> > Java6 compatibility as possible (Animal sniffer & co).
>>
>> +1 Let's try to stay Java 6 backwards compatible. Adding animal sniffer
>> should work fine.
>> Don't forget to change the javadoc styles. The old styles won't work
>> properly when building with
>> JDK7.
>

> If you haven't done yet so, I can help out with these changes, as I'm about
> to do it for OGM as well (the CSS stuff is done there already).

If you can take care of that it would be great, I'm taking care of
Infinispan in parallel.

One thing to be careful with: it's not meant to get in master yet,
first we need to tag 4.4.0.Final.
We could in theory make a branch but as long as it's limited to this
I'd rather include your work in my branch, it won't be long before we
actually can merge it.