[hibernate-dev] [HV] HV and RESTEasy integration

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Oct 14 03:48:31 EDT 2013

I was once again working on the demo showing Bean Validation and its
integration inside Java EE 7.
When you put constraints on the method parameter of a JAX-RS call, you
get a nice rendering of the error on the client side (basically the
HTTP entity returns a JSON representation of the errors).

But if from this method you call JPA or Bean Validation directly and a
ConstraintViolationException is raised, then this exception is processed
as a generic exception crossing RESTEasy.

Would it make sense you think to treat ConstraintViolationException
raised by JAX-RS methods like we would do parameter or return value
exceptions?

The error handling would be the same / unified. I might miss some parts
of the whole picture so this email is really for discussions.

WDYT?

Emmanuel