[hibernate-dev] [OGM] MongoDB JPQL Query: comparison with object fails

Guillaume SCHEIBEL guillaume.scheibel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 10:24:02 EDT 2013

Hello,

I found an problem with the MongoDBComparisonPredicate. When I try to make
a jpql query with an object comparison [1]

The value (here a SolutionType instance) is "directly" passed to the
MongoDBComparisonPredicate which tries to use it as it is, in a DBObject
query.

The point is, the refering property is solutionType_id (which is correct)
but instead of using the parameter id, it's using the complete object [2]
The MongoDB drivers returns that it can't serialize the type passed in
parameter..

There is something I don't get, why for basic CRUD operations do we use
dehydrated object and for queries as well ? Object parameter (all paramater
that are not String, or wrappers) would be easier to use.

WDYT ?

Guillaume

[1] https://gist.github.com/gscheibel/7070143
[2]