[hibernate-dev] <sql-result-set-mapping/> handling in JPAOverriddenAnnotationReader

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Sep 19 17:55:53 EDT 2013

I had to hook into processing <sql-result-set-mapping/> within
JPAOverriddenAnnotationReader so I took the opportunity to reorganize
the code.

As part of that there were 2 pieces of code in particular that I could
not figure out the purpose of:
1) We were excepting <result-class/> as a sub-element of
<sql-result-set-mapping/>.  The code even had a comment already
questioning this.  This element is not part of the JPA orm.xsd.  For now
I removed support for this commenting out the code.  If you know why it
was there, or see problems correct it or give me a shout.
2) We were also processing an attribute named 'result-set-mapping' on
<sql-result-set-mapping/>.  Not sure what this is about at all.  Again
for now I just commented it out.