[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM and JDK 6

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 25 04:36:54 EDT 2013

On 24 Jan 2013, at 8:31 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:

> You might wonder why I like to wipe clean my workspaces?
> On projects I read mostly I tend to need to jump to different
> branches, often far in time, in which the source code organization is
> likely different, so I'd need to re-import projects in all IDE anyway.

Why not have multiple checkout for the main lines? I also have to
jump between branches and having for example a 3.x maven checkout and a 4.x gradle checkout
works like a charm. depending on what I am after I am opening the appropriate project.

Sure, git makes changing branches easy within the same checkout, but that does
not mean that it always makes sense and I don't think the disc space you save by having the single
checkout is worth considering.

> Frankly this "least pain" strategy for the occasional contributor is
> what I still consider an nice point of Maven.

Come on, there is enough pain with maven as well.

--Hardy