[hibernate-dev] CI environment

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 4 07:54:30 EDT 2014

I did a bit of maintenance while looking at the OGM job.
It looks like that the OGM jobs actually finish in a reasonable time,
but the status is not being reported, or the workspace was containing
dirt marker files; I nuked job #110 's working directory to cleanup.

It looks like that OGM somehow bypasses the locking system; I suspect
because it uses the Axis plugin to spawn multiple sub-jobs.
So it might still run in parallel with other jobs for which it really
should not (as it might conflict ports). Not sure what to to about
that, as I'm not going to debug the Jenkins plugins. I'll move it all
to the new server using Docker for full isolation as soon as I get
back from travels this month.

# Java 8
I disabled all the builds using the Java 8 previews, and created new
fresh clones for:
- Hibernate Validator
- Hibernate Search
- Hibernate OGM

to use the Java 8 Final release.

I'll keep the disabled jobs around for a while as reference, in case
someone needs to have a look, but we'll eventually delete these.
@Gunnar: there is a "private job" of yours in this category: you still
need it? I disabled it.

I didn't create one for ORM because it doesn't work yet.

Sanne