[hibernate-dev] CI environment

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 4 09:06:23 EDT 2014

> I did a bit of maintenance while looking at the OGM job.
> It looks like that the OGM jobs actually finish in a reasonable time,
> but the status is not being reported, or the workspace was containing
> dirt marker files; I nuked job #110 's working directory to cleanup.
>
> It looks like that OGM somehow bypasses the locking system; I suspect
> because it uses the Axis plugin to spawn multiple sub-jobs.
> So it might still run in parallel with other jobs for which it really
> should not (as it might conflict ports). Not sure what to to about
> that, as I'm not going to debug the Jenkins plugins. I'll move it all
> to the new server using Docker for full isolation as soon as I get
> back from travels this month.

I think we can replace the Matrix job with a normal Maven job.

The matrix stuff is only done to run the MongoDB tests once against a
separately started instance and once against an instance started via a
Maven plug-in. That's not really necessary as the DB behaves exactly the
same in both cases, so we should be fine by just using the separate DB.

> # Java 8
> I disabled all the builds using the Java 8 previews, and created new
> fresh clones for:
> - Hibernate Validator
> - Hibernate Search
> - Hibernate OGM
>
> to use the Java 8 Final release.
>
> I'll keep the disabled jobs around for a while as reference, in case
> someone needs to have a look, but we'll eventually delete these.
> @Gunnar: there is a "private job" of yours in this category: you still
> need it? I disabled it.

I've just deleted that job.

> I didn't create one for ORM because it doesn't work yet.
>
> Sanne

--Gunnar