[hibernate-dev] HEM "packaged" tests

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 28 17:56:13 EDT 2014

With my latest Scanner changes as outlined in the earlier email there is
one failure in the HEM "packaged" tests that I simply cannot explain why it
was previously considered valid.

The test
is org.hibernate.jpa.test.packaging.PackagedEntityManagerTest#testCfgXmlPar.

The test builds a PAR (via ShrinkWrap) and then tries to use it.  The
persistence.xml simply points to a cfg.xml.  The cfg.xml names 4 classes.
 But the PAR only bundles 2 of them.  The test fails because Binder cannot
find the other 2 classes.  Should this be valid?  Should the cfg.xml inside
a PAR be allowed to name classes not contained in the PAR?  Obviously if
the test is allowed to pick up all classes on the "real test classpath" the
test will pass.