[hibernate-dev] [Search] Index embedded and id property of embedded entity

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 30 14:19:52 EDT 2014

> So it has been an explicit choice at some point of time.
>
>> - API wise it's much more complex to express the request-for-removal
>> than to simply add it to includePath when needed
>
> The question is also about a consistent behaviour across all use cases. Sure,
> we can add the id via the include path, but what I want to make sure that our implementation
> makes sense in all cases and we have a comprehensible solution for users.
> So, I guess you are saying here, that the document id is just not a regular field.

To clarify what bugs me is, that you are basically suggesting that the id can be included via
include path, but can never be used via the depth approach.

One option we have not discussed yet, is an additional method on @indexedEmbedded.
Something like includeEmbeddedId. Default would be false. If you set it to true, the id is
included. It makes id inclusion orthogonal to depth and includePath.

—Hardy