[hibernate-dev] Gradle not running some unit tests

Etienne Miret etienne.miret at ens-lyon.org
Sun Aug 17 17:14:01 EDT 2014

Hello all,

On 2014-07-07 I wrote:
> Willing to investigate some Hibernate bugs, I downloaded the sources (from github), compiled them and ran unit tests. I used the provided Gradle wrapper to compile and run the tests. However, hibernate-core/target/reports/tests/index.html reports a number of test classes as not containing any tests.

Okay, I found what was happening: BaseCoreFunctionalTestCase.buildSessionFactory() was throwing an exception, which causes the test to fail in Eclipse but, oddly, makes it disappear in Gradle’s report. I created HHH-9348 about those tests failing. I guess I should report a bug to Gradle too.

Regards,

--
Etienne Miret