[hibernate-dev] [Search] DisjunctionMaxQuery and MoreLikeThis

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 13:53:13 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Emmanuel Bernard
<emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
> BTW DisjunctionMaxQuery (which is what I refered to in .dismax()) is
> used in the DisMax query parser of Slor but is only a component of it.
> So I see your requested feature as a different one than what I discussed
> in this email. Still a useful one.

Point taken. I thought it was the right time to push this idea as, if
you start playing with DisjunctionMaxQuery, it might be a good idea to
have the big picture in mind.

The Query Parser is really too dependant of the Solr machinery and I
think we would probably need to extract part of the logic from the
Solr code (and improve it a little bit to support fuzzy queries).

Not sure Sanne will appreciate me raising this idea now that he got
rid of the Solr dependency :).

--
Guillaume