[hibernate-dev] OGM: fixing the build on Java8

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sat Feb 22 18:32:37 EST 2014

It turns out OGM isn't building on Java8 because of some new very
strict checks being performed on javadoc syntax:
http://blog.joda.org/2014/02/turning-off-doclint-in-jdk-8-javadoc.html

The quick fix is to disable it.. if we opt for that this change [1] is
what you need.
A better fix would be to fix all javadocs, but then we'd still be
having aggressive checks in the future..
Considering the complaints about checkstyle, I'm not sure we want that.

For the moment, I've reconfigured the OGM Jenkins job running on Java8 to use

    -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true

-- Sanne

[1] https://github.com/Sanne/hibernate-ogm/commit/6b83af5ad3926e7bb134bf85e0d205d126867fdc