[hibernate-dev] Hibernate: How to start a single test from the Hibernate test suite?

Igor Chubin igor at chub.in
Fri Jan 17 05:04:07 EST 2014

Hallo, all!

I suppose that my question is obvious for many, but I could not
manage to find an answer on it.

Please help me.

Hibernate has its own test infrastructure, that can be used to test
Hibernate and its various dialects.

In the past, the infrastructure for a part of the Hibernate project,
but later (HHH-3508) it was moved to a separate project [1].

The infrastructure is based on JUnit (the tests) and Gradle
(automation of the test process) [2].

You can start all tests from the test suite using gradle:

    gradle hibernate-core:matrix_mysql51

In this case all tests of the hibernate-core module will be
started. There are more than 4000 tests in the module.

I would like to start only some of them.

How do it do it? Is it possible to use the same testing
infrastructure, but start single tests from the testsuite?

Thank you very much for your help,

[1] https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-matrix-testing
[2] https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/wiki/Hibernate-JUnit-Infastructure

--