[hibernate-dev] Gradle not running some unit tests

Etienne Miret etienne.miret at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jul 7 14:29:03 EDT 2014

Hello all,

Willing to investigate some Hibernate bugs, I downloaded the sources (from github), compiled them and ran unit tests. I used the provided Gradle wrapper to compile and run the tests. However, hibernate-core/target/reports/tests/index.html reports a number of test classes as not containing any tests. I mainly looked at org.hibernate.test.cut.CompositeUserTypeTest, and I can tell that:
 * it contains two method annotated with @org.junit.Test
 * it extends org.hibernate.testing.junit4.BaseUnitTestCase
   (through BaseCoreFunctionalTestCase), which has a
   @org.junit.runner.RunWith annotation.
>From what I know of Gradle, this is enough to have the tests detected and ran. And actually, those tests *are* detected and ran on branch 4.2. But on branch master, this test class appears in the report with 0 tests within.

Does anyone know why those tests are missing from the report?

In case this is of any help, here is the output of ./gradle --version:

Gradle 1.9

Build time:   2013-11-19 08:20:02 UTC
Build number: none
Revision:     7970ec3503b4f5767ee1c1c69f8b4186c4763e3d

Groovy:       1.8.6
Ant:          Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.2 compiled on July 8 2013
Ivy:          2.2.0
JVM:          1.7.0_60 (Oracle Corporation 24.60-b09)
OS:           Mac OS X 10.9.4 x86_64

Regards,

--
Etienne Miret