[hibernate-dev] Explaining versioning and dependency compatibility

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sun Jul 13 08:47:51 EDT 2014

I've been explaining $subject to a forum user [1]. I'm confident it's
only a problem for newcomers, but are we expecting more expert
developers to pass this lore by word of mouth?

I think we should add an explanation on these on the website but I'm
not sure where this would be more appropriate to present.

Should we highlight compatible versions of other integration points on
each sub section?
For example I could edit the Search area to mention which versions of
ORM, OGM, Lucene, Validator, Envers, Infinispan(we might have two
different ones!), Commons Annotations, etc.. are supposed to work for
each release.

[1] https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1035292

-- Sanne