[hibernate-dev] jsr107

Alex Snaps alex.snaps at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:13:39 EDT 2014

Hey everyone,
I wondered if anyone had considered (even the feasibility of) moving the
Caching SPI of Hibernate to use the (now released!) jcache API of JSR107?
I was contemplating having a look at providing a "jsr107 caching provider"
maybe first, which then could maybe folded into Hibernate... Anyways,
random thoughts, maybe some of you already have insights. Also, I'd expect
that (some) "cache vendors" might want to do some tuning based on the
Hibernate usecase still, so maybe the idea isn't such a great one (if even
feasible again, as I didn't even look into that). Anyways... further random
thoughts on the subject welcome, even non-random ones actually.
Alex

--
Alex Snaps <alex.snaps at gmail.com>
Principal Software Engineer - Terracotta