[hibernate-dev] [Search] OSGi split packages

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Mar 26 15:44:58 EDT 2014

On 26 Jan 2014, at 13:55, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> I don't have a full grasp of the consequences, I'll need to think about
> it.

:-) There might be a couple of other package changes which would make sense (unrelated to the
split package problem). I guess now is the time to discuss and apply them

> Here are a few comments in the mean time.
> SearchFactory is not a SPI, it is used by application developers.

Sure. Same for SearchException. However, the same applies if we decide to address the problem
in the orm module. Also there API classes will move. So one way or the other, developers would need
to adjust their code.

—Hardy