[hibernate-dev] Metamodel, Jandex and "XML mixins"

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Mar 26 23:29:45 EDT 2014

I was looking into some failures on master in regards to XML overrides for
JPA annotations in relation to our friend Access/AccessType.  Which got me
to thinking...

How does the "mixin" code handle defining the target for the
AnnotationInstances it creates?

Seems to me this code would have really no idea whether to choose the field
or the getter as the target.  Which is potentially problematic as we are
validating the "placement" of these annotations.

Strong?  Hardy?

Maybe we need to look at adding a virtual notion of the attribute as the
target in the virtual AnnotationInstance?