[hibernate-dev] Another @Access quandry

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 27 06:36:17 EDT 2014

On 26 Jan 2014, at 22:29, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> BTW, here is the topical guide I have started for this: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/f7b779ec60281408da80590ab2b0fdb5b98accf5/documentation/src/main/asciidoc/topical/accesstype/AccessType.adoc

Very good start. Missing the more complicated cases with explicit class leave specified access type and overrides on the attributes, but it for sure helps understanding the whole concepts.
Really like the idea of topical guides more and more. I think they are not only valuable for users of ORM, but also for us. They document assumptions/behaviour which help understanding
decisions made in the code.

—Hardy