[hibernate-dev] Tests asserting warnings get logged

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Mar 28 07:47:31 EDT 2014

I again have in mind adding some test assertions that a particular logging
(WARN) message gets triggered.  We have already one such test in place,
which is one of the places where our usage of byteman comes in.

Given the problems using byteman is causing in CI and the fact that our
reliance on it is pretty light at the moment, I wanted to reach out for
some other ideas/proposals for ways to handle this testing requirement.  I
will also reach out to David and James to see if this is something JBoss
Logging itself could help us tackle; maybe there is some feature there
already that would help.  Any other ideas/proposals?