[hibernate-dev] [Search] Regression with @ContainedIn between 4.3 and 4.4

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Mar 28 07:56:45 EDT 2014

On 28 March 2014 11:37, Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org> wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2014, at 12:16, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
>> We could use either a different annotation or a flag
>>
>>    @ContainedIn(someVerySmartName=SomeVerySmartValue)
>
> I was also wondering whether a whole new annotation would make sense, but nothing intuitive
> came to mind right away. I guess @ContainedIn cold work. It is just that we need to make clear
> what it means and how it behaves.

+1

Since 4.4 is the last one supporting a wide an popular range of
Hibernate versions and application server versions, it's totally
possible that we'll be making more bugifx releases if the need shows
up.
However - I might not have fully grasped this yet - but I'm thinking
that this is a feature request and not a bugfix that should be hastily
applied on 4.4.
Guillaume, I suspect you might be a happier user if you would keep
using a more bleeding edge version, so to catch any such thing earlier
rather than the day before you go in production. I can only promise
you that the migration to 5.0 will be a nightmare if you don't follow
along in small iterations :-(

Sanne