[hibernate-dev] Tests asserting warnings get logged

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Mar 28 08:15:43 EDT 2014

On 28 Jan 2014, at 13:03, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:

> I'd then remove Log4J from our test dependencies to primarily rely on
> assertions only;

Why would you do that? I would expect whatever solution we come up with to
just delegate to the underlying logger.

> or for debugging purposes to have it forwards
> messages to System.out too - probably enabled by some environment
> option - would be good enough.

We have the logging system configurable already. Why complicating things.
All we would be after is a way to verify that a given log message gets called.
Everything else should behave as before.

—Hardy