[hibernate-dev] Lucene moving to Java7

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Mar 31 06:08:12 EDT 2014

Since Hibernate OGM is now an implementation of JPA 2.1, doesn't it
already require Java 7?

You could also decide to use Java7 for the build but not necessarily
make use of Java7 features, as Search is an optional dependency. (but
I also don't see a problem on moving).

I would like to encourage OGM to switch to Search 5 soon though: the
HQL parser is aligning already, and some features we're working on in
Search are meant to improve the user experience for OGM users
specifically (HSEARCH-1119), not least it's the version meant for
Infinispan 7, which OGM will need to support a GridDialect over
HotRod. And solid performance improvements as usual ;-)

-- Sanne