[hibernate-dev] Reserved words

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon May 12 16:58:02 EDT 2014

Not really.  In general any token whose text is explicitly given in any of
the grammars will be treated as a keyword.  Generally speaking this is
merely an oversight when someone alters the grammars.  However, the
definition of the OBJECT token actually hasn't changed since the SVN
migration.  The parameter rule (and its uses) however has changed much more
recently...  HHH-5126.  This was a change you made Gail.

One of the major improvements in the next gen parser is the move to "soft
keywords", where keywords are contextually recognized which essentially
removes the concept of a "reserved word".  We use that in a limited fashion
in the current grammars.

As for this particular report, do we have a simplified test?  The Jira just
lists the query.