[hibernate-dev] did hibernate.org crash?

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Nov 19 11:04:52 EST 2014

> On 11/19/2014 08:53 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> > On 19 November 2014 01:13, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> Related question, should we instead be using the
> >> org/hibernate/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd in
> >> hibernate-core-4.3.7.Final.jar (instead of accessing the hibernate.org
> >> website)?
> >
> > I'd agree that it's generally not a good idea to rely on external web
> > services in your tests. Although in this case it's turned out useful
> > as we got your notification about the problem :)
>
> I'm not exactly sure what I need to change in the tests to use the local
> org/hibernate/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd (ORM jar) copy of the DTD.
>   I tried a few different options but the only thing that helped was
> removing the DTD reference.
>
> For example, what should
>
> https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/testsuite/integration/basic/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/integration/jpa/cfgfile/CfgFileTestCase.java#L54
> be changed to?
>
> I tried changing the "PUBLIC" to "SYSTEM" but that didn't seem to make a
> difference (also tried adding a classpath reference which some forum
> posts talked about doing).

I don't think that's something which can (or should) be controlled within
the test.

Rather the code processing the XML file in ORM should make sure to use the
local version of the DTD. That's how it's done in Validator:

https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-validator/blob/master/engine/src/main/java/org/hibernate/validator/internal/xml/ValidationXmlParser.java

Not sure how helpful it is though, as this is for XSDs and we're using JAXB
to do the parsing, so it may be a bit different to do in ORM.

--Gunnar