[hibernate-dev] WildFly, JtaPlatform and Hibernate OGM

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Mon Sep 1 07:20:18 EDT 2014

Hi,

Running an OGM integration test on WildFly, I noticed that we work with
JBossStandAloneJtaPlatform. Shouldn't it rather be
JBossAppServerJtaPlatform in this case so we make use of the transaction
manager from the container?

So I thought it might help to add jipijapa-hibernate4-3.jar to the OGM
module, as it provides HibernatePersistenceProviderAdaptor which in turn
sets the JBossAppServerJtaPlatform. This works indeed, but unfortunately
HibernatePersistenceProviderAdaptor always bootstraps Hibernate ORM by
calling ORM's EMF builder.

What'd be the right way to solve this problem? Have a specific JipiJapa
adaptor for OGM? Or could the existing one for ORM 4.3 actually be used if
it invoked the configured PersistenceProvider (HibernateOgmPersistence in
our case) rather than directly delegating to ORM's Bootstrap class?

Thanks,

--Gunnar