[hibernate-dev] Tests on JDK 9, and other updates on ci.hibernate.org

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Sep 8 07:31:35 EDT 2014

On 8 September 2014 12:25, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
> On Sun 2014-09-07 14:04, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>> - asciidoctor-maven-plugin plugin fails: I'll disable it for now but
>> it would be great if someone could have a look at it, if it's a JVM
>> bug we should report it, and otherwise fixing the plugin would be
>> nice.
>
> Can you point me to a URL showing the failure? I can try and contact the
> relevant persons.

I did debug it, and found that Asciidoctor fails to initialize JRuby:
the JRuby engine checks which JVM it's being run on to generate
appropriate opcodes.. and refuses to start on JDK9.
I guess that's fair enough, so the question would be if there is an
easy way to disable the asciidoctor-maven-plugin from an environment
switch, or if we need to mess with Maven profiles.