[hibernate-dev] Feedback on the idea of PersistenceProviderResolver.getPersistenceProviders() caching the same org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence class instance for multiple application deployments to share ...

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 17 05:22:34 EDT 2014

PersistenceProvider implementations are not app specific.

Hibernate Validator uses

Persistence.getPersistenceUtil()

This in turn is a static reference object that in its method calls
Persistence.getProviders() *each time* to resolve operations like
isLoaded(entity).

So to answer your question, I think it's after.