[hibernate-dev] Java 6, 7 and 8... oh my!

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Apr 2 10:08:06 EDT 2015

Had a quick look into (1).

The "target" parameter is not supported by that version of the Ant task
currently in use. If I change the class name of the Ant task from
"org.jvnet.jaxb2_commons.xjc.XJC2Task" into "com.sun.tools.xjc.XJC2Task",
the "target" parameter is recognized and setting it to "2.0" causes no
required() attribute to be generated for @XmlElementRef.

Do you remember why that task from JAXB Commons is used rather than the
original XJC one?