[hibernate-dev] OGM test refactoring

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 15 10:20:23 EDT 2015

> umm, the point is that @SkipByGridDialect doesn't work, or I could just
put it on existing methods.

By splitting up the affected tests into several classes you should be able
to apply @SkipByGridDialect on the class level. Then no session factory at
all will be built bootstrapped for a skipped backend.

So you should be fine if you manage to cut affected tests into pieces
(classes) which either require an entity not processable by Cassandra (then
exclude that test class via @SkipByGridDialect) or which require only
entities processable by Cassandra (then you still could apply
@SkipByGridDialect on the method-level to skip specific methods due to
reasons other than the reading of the entities themselves).

> Not sure I like the ongoing cognitive load of having two different
strategies for test exclusions, but it's certainly less engineering effort
than adding support for method level POJO usage declarations.

Right, I would not like that either. Also exclusions in the POM won't apply
when e.g. running all tests of a module in your IDE. The mechanism should
solely based on the OGM test runner.