[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search 5 compatible with Hibernate ORM 4?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 22 04:41:08 EDT 2015

Just a heads up: I'm not seeing the question from the subject often enough.

In fact, I only see it when I suggest to upgrade when helping some
user. It's like they are very surprised "no way, I didn't think that
was possible?!"

I think I've been hammering this information in each and every release
blog, but apparently an assumption on major versions needing to be
aligned is stronger.

I guess we should embrace that? We can upgrade a minor of Hibernate
Search to use Hibernate ORM 5 when it comes, that will fix the
alignment of planets.

Still, we also had hopes for a quick version 6 ..

Just some thoughts.

Thanks,