[hibernate-dev] InfinispanTestingSetup

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 07:49:35 EDT 2015

Right now I want to do that purely in Hibernate integration part, as I
don't see why such user approach should not work - replacing remove(key)
calls with put(key, tombstone singleton, expiration args). It's possible
that I hit the wall somewhere and have to go down to Infinispan.

My general plan is to do stuff in Hibernate now, see what's needed and
then we could discuss possible infinispan core enhancements (that would
get rid of the custom interceptors I've written) on clustering meeting,
when I'll see all the trouble in the big picture.

In my opinion, infinispan core is in need of user-managed versioning API
(used internally for conditional commands, too) rather than tombstones
alone. Functional API which is about to appear in 8.0 soon should give
us the opportunity to emulate proper versioning (though, with tombstones
for removal, too).

Radim