[hibernate-dev] Strange sequence effect with ORM 5

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Aug 21 11:21:58 EDT 2015

Please see the migration guide and/or blogs :)

Yes, we changed the default mapping for how id generators are mapped as
discussed extensively on the mail list last month or earlier this month.
Essentially we changed the default for
`hibernate.id.new_generator_mappings` from false to true for 5.0.  For H2,
the old mapping would have been an IDENTITY column.  The "new" mapping is
the SequenceStyleGenerator.