[hibernate-dev] Forum changes proposal

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Dec 10 08:34:58 EST 2015

Hi,

> > So basically I would suggest:
> >
> > - Put the forum into a read only mode
> > - Add a banner explaining the move to Stackoverflow (similar in content to what's in the post
> >   mentioned above)
> > - Create a Hibernate Team on Stackoverflow
> > - Make sure all Hibernate related tags and wiki pages are up to date
> > - Add a "Where-to-post summary" to hibernate.org
> > - Create a hibernate-discussions mailing list!?
> >
> > I think we would gain a lot of by this approach.
>
> Looks like a solid plan so I captured in
> https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/WEBSITE-416

Awesome thanks.

> (even though clearly we need some kind of agreement from more people
> on such a significant change)

Sure, we need a general buy in into this approach.

> It saddens me to see the forum go though.

Sometimes it is just time to say goodbye :-) Keeping it alive would imo
just reduce the gained benefits (no need to battle spam, no need to monitor
its service and run database rescue operations, no need to use an old fashioned
UI)

> Shouldn't the forum be the place for such discusssions, rather than a
> new mailing list?

I think a mailing list is better.

Would be interesting to hear what others think.

--Hardy