[hibernate-dev] Forum changes proposal

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Dec 10 12:43:23 EST 2015

On 10 December 2015 at 15:24, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> BTW, there is already a hibernate-users mailing list hosted on the JBoss
> Mailman instance.  Back when we moved to JBoss Mailman they used to set up a
> number of lists by default.  We just chose to not really use this one in
> particular.  We could use this one for purpose discussed here.

Yes, that would be nice. I'm registered on that list, and there have
been questions already although they are extremely rare - I recall
something like 3 a year? - probably because I don't think its
existance was ever advertised.

> BTW, I looked into creating a Hibernate SO Team.  Are we thinking one team?
> Or one per project (ORM, OGM, etc)?

Depends on how it works? I do monitor various tags, including
"hibernate", "hibernate-search", "hibernate-ogm" and sometimes do a
cross-check query like "hibernate" + "lucene", although others on our
team often arrive first to answer.

If the intent of the feature is to distribute the load among people to
answer and monitor such tags, then I guess you're not interested in
being notified for the Lucene related ones?

>From what I understand here:
 - http://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/307513/the-power-of-teams-a-proposed-expansion-of-stack-overflow

It looks like it's more about showing off our affiliation, and to
create a space were people can ask questions "about the team".
So I'd say a single team unless I misunderstood things.

Sanne