[hibernate-dev] Pooled Optimiser Improvements

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 23:31:32 EST 2015

Hello,

I have been working on a change to the pooled optimizer that we have been seeing good performance results with. Basically it hands out blocks of ID's to a thread local, rather than having every thread contend on the lock every time an ID is required.

https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/compare/master...stuartwdouglas:pooled-optimiser-hack

What would I need to do to get a change like this in? In particular:

- Does it need to be a new type of optimizer, or is modifying the existing one like I have done OK?
- How should it be configured?

I am happy to do up a PR for this, but I am just not really sure what would be required to get it to a point where it would be acceptable for inclusion.

Stuart