[hibernate-dev] Pooled Optimiser Improvements

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Dec 11 07:20:04 EST 2015

Hi Stuart,
if it has the same semantics as the existing one but is more efficient
I think it's ok to patch it. If it has different behaviour we'll
probably want it to be a new one, with a new name, configuration
options and documentation.

If I'm not wrong this is still managing a pool in memory and handing
out sequences - within that range - with possible gaps and not
guaranteeing monotonicity between different threads, so IMO this one
doesn't need a new name as from the user point of view it seems
irrelevant to know the different details.

I'd sugest you to send a pull request? A PR gives us means to discuss
details. Feel free to occasionally send PRs even for things you don't
think are fully ready to be merged, just make sure you point it out
clearly in the description.

Thanks,
Sanne