[hibernate-dev] Lucene 5.4 available: include it in a micro release?

Andrej Golovnin golovnin at gmx.net
Thu Dec 17 15:28:33 EST 2015

Hi Sanne,

> On 17.12.2015, at 17:11, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
> Ok that was probably a foolish idea, especially like I'm realising
> there wouldn't be a version range available like Guillaume Smet
> suggests for people needing Lucene 5.3 but with additional fixes from
> us.
>
> Guillaume: still, this Lucene version could have equally been a
> "micro"- if you except that Boost method set which is quite surprising
> they removed them without even a single deprecation iteration.

The methods Query.setBoost() and Query.getBoost() were not removed.
They are marked as deprecated. Please read the JavaDocs
(http://lucene.apache.org/core/5_4_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/Query.html)
and/or source code.

> Andrej: are you needing that upgrade soon? Any interesting reasons?

I don’t need it soon. And I’m just interested in performance improvements.

Best regards,
Andrej Golovnin