[hibernate-dev] javax.money

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 22 12:34:32 EST 2015

> yes we could use an optional/provided dependency, but
> that would not be "proper".

That would actually be my preference; If the javax.money types are
present, enable the required Types etc. otherwise not. It's a pattern
we e.g. use in Validator, too, where we provide additional constraint
validator types based on what's available in the runtime environment.

Why do you consider it as not proper?