[hibernate-dev] javax.money

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 22 12:56:09 EST 2015

The improperness of optional dependencies is already well documented
elsewhere, so I won't get into that.

I just think the "cleanest" solution, given the situation, is a separate
module/artifact (hibernate-money) defining the types and contributor.  I
personally don't think this use-case "fits the mold" of a provided
dependency (on hibernate-core).

Of course then I ask myself about the practical aspect of using the
optional dependency approach versus a dedicated module for just a handful
of classes.