[hibernate-dev] Oracle12cDialect identity support

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Dec 24 05:57:59 EST 2015

I think my preference would be to override in Oracle*Dialect getNativeIdentifierGeneratorClass so that it always returns SequenceStyleGenerator

1. it would be backward compatible with the logic we had for ever (with the exception of 5.0 but I understand that it is not really reliable)
2. I suppose sequences are still the preferred choices for Oracle DB DBAs.

Emmanuel