[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Sprint organization

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri Feb 20 05:07:11 EST 2015

I have walked through all of the issues and sorted what I think should
be done.

## Plan of action

Within these 3 weeks, we will do:

* 4.1.2 (bug fixes) -> code freeze Friday 27th
* 4.2 Alpha1 -> code freeze Friday 27th
* 4.2 Alpha2 or Beta we will see -> code freeze Friday 6th
* 4.2 Beta or CR we will see -> code freeze Wed 11th

The rookie team + me will work on the 4.1.2 tagged issues.
This work will continue even past the release of 4.1.2 but will be
likely incorporated into the 4.2 branch.

Davide and Gunnar will work on the 4.2 tagged issues.
It might make sense to have a single one focus on the numerous query
improvements and the other on the rest. See below.

Take the top issue of the list ordered by decreasing priority or one
with the same level of priority. Kill it. Move to the next.

## Priorities

For 4.1.2, I have sorted issues by decreasing importance with one little
twist. All issues created after a direct user feedback is marked
blocker. This is to speed our feedback loop time.

https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/OGM-740?jql=project%20%3D%20OGM%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Awaiting%20Test%20Case%22)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%204.1.2%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20ASC

For 4.2, it is also sorted by decreasing importance but I also gave the
release a theme.
The main focus is significantly improving JP-QL queries.
Secondary and must have target is the error report API.
Tertiary is everything else. That includes some improvements in ORM itself to unlock us.

There are too many tasks to address them all but let's first focus on
making a dent up to the major priority level.

Remarks?

Emmanuel